Here's the most recent one:
1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
Mot counting the various childrens' opera concerts (1979), our own concert choir (1986), and the a cappella band that performed at Severn (1988), I'd have to say Weird Al Yankovich (21 Sep 2000), at the McCain Auditorium at Kansas State University.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I have many preferred artists and bands, but am partial to Mary-Chapin Carpenter (artist), Steve Wariner (artist), and Nickel Creek (band) ATM
3. What's your favorite song?
Oy, just one? I used to loop "The Hard Way" by Mary-Chapin Carpenter over and over, and Alison Krauss's cover of Keith Whitley's "When You Say Nothing At All" is fantastic. Right now, though, I'd have to say Sixpence None The Richer's cover of "Don't Dream It's Over".
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
Hrm, another tough question. I'd say the piano, even though I've only (briefly) studied keyboard and have a (little-practiced) guitar.
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
I'm not sure. Johann Sebastian Bach, perhaps.
Here's the form from Sep 2001:
1. Where were you born (city or state or just country)?
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
2. What is your favorite number?
3. Vanilla or chocolate?
CHOKLIT, of curse.
4. What section of a bookstore would I find you in?
I'd like to say Computers and Internet, but it'd be more likely to be Science Fiction.
5. What kind of mattress do you have on your bed? soft? firm? water?
And another from Sep 2001:
1. Laying on your back and facing the ceiling, which side of the bed do you sleep on?
2. Do you have to have covers (blankets and/or sheets) at all costs, no matter the weather?
At home or in a hotel, yes. When a guest or a fugitive from the Empire, I can make do without.
3. Sleep nekkid or no? Why?
No.pe, because it defeats the purpose of having heavy covers too.
4. What's under your bed?
Nothing (or the floor, if you want to be literal). Once I had a softball bat, more because I didn't have any other convenient place to keep it than for defense.
5. If you have pets, do you let them sleep with you? Why or why not?
I have no pets at present. As for my most recent pets: fortunately, I dknot sleep with the fishes.
I have to say that I love Yahoo! Launch, especially the music videos, but also the customizable LaunchCast streaming radio broadcast. LaunchCast is based upon a simple type of collaborative filtering: you rate your favorites, and it creates a "channel" populated with your selections and similar tunes, with frequency of "airings" weighted by your rating. Other users can sample your preferences by listening to this custom "station".