Name That Song
Seen in the LiveJournals of thanatos_kalos, diannelamerc, and many others - and may I say, I am hugely impressed and a little intimidated by some of your lyrics recognition skills?
I've done my best to make most of these reasonably non-trivial but not too obscure.
Please do let me know how I did, in your opinion.
- Google be cheating.
- It's most fun if you ignore the other comments and answer for yourself. I'll credit all right answers, not just the first poster (unless you peek).
- Don't worry if you can't get more than 5 or 10; I have eclectic tastes, and FWIW there are a couple of people from whose lists I couldn't guess even one song.
- Yes, there is a bit of a free-association chain (see whether you can pick it up as you get titles, in order; the sequential associations can also serve as clues). #20 is my theme song. :-D
- The somewhat downer theme is an artifact of what numerical analysts would call the "initial conditions" cf. the Yale Shooting Problem. Thanks to kaladhwen (and no peeking at your own community where I posted lyrics to many of these!)
- 1. And if you live by the rules of `it's over' then I guess that that makes sense
- 2. I can't believe it, now she's knitting him a sweater
- 3. 'Cause I am hanging on every word you say, and even if you don't want to speak tonight, that's all right, all right with me
- 4. My greatest fear will be that you will crash and burn
- 5. I'll lick the blood right off your street
- 6. Last day of the rest of my life
- 7. There's just too much that time cannot erase
- 8. You can feel the faith it's shaking, you can hear the heart, it's breaking now
- 9. Just one more kiss she'll have to miss this night with you
- 10. I would not have chosen the road you have taken, it has left us miles apart
- 11. I know every comma, every question mark, I don't have to look
- 12. You see the way you're acting like you're somebody else gets me frustrated
- 13. We still break each other's hearts sometimes, spend some nights on the jagged line
- 14. I want to be the first to tell ya, here we say Rodéo, not Rodeeo
- 15. I grieve my condition, for I cannot find the words to say I need you so [Edit: thanks to huginn for the correction ("words", not "strength")]
- 16. I am taken to a place where your crystal mind and magenta feelings take up shelter in the base of my spine
- 17. Once the memories start to flow, I can't stop with just one sip
- 18. E girera, e girera, si girera il cuore mio / Girera il mondo girera, la mia vita / E un giorno lui si, si capira
- 19. Please come now, I think I'm falling / I'm holding on to all I think is safe
- 20. And it really doesn't matter if we don't eat, and it really doesn't matter if we never sleep
Name That TV Theme "Song"
This variation was invented (naturally) by tv_elf.
An idea from her: You can get shunned by Banazir if you miss #10. Special Shunning offer valid only in the USA.
- 1. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...
- 2. Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand
- 3. We share it all as life goes on (hint: it's not that Beatles song, "Obla-di Obla-da")
- 4. Take me to the future of your world
- 5. A comet ride of fantasy / To a place where dreams are fast and free / With new friends and new things to see / We'll spin you through the galaxy
- 6. Science is over - class dismissed
- 7. When you're lost out there and you're all alone / A light is waiting to carry you home
- 8. It became something else: our last, best hope... for victory.
- 9. You might be a star tonight, so let that camera roll
- 10. It's been a long time, but my time is finally near
In other news: Bird bird BIRD! Damn you, flying food!</b>