This faternoon I dwonloaded a lille plug-in fro MSN Messenger and noticed that MSN has profiles even for free HoTMaiL users. I clicked on my profile page and noticed that my nickname was "WilliamHsu101601".
"Hurgh", I thought. I changed it to "Banazîr" and clicked "Save". MSN balked...
The name you typed uses prohibited language.
"What?!" I thought.
I thried entering my LJ URL, banazir, and discovered:
This word is not allowed: "NAZI". Please rephrase the following section or leave it blank: Home Page.
Welp, I guess some MSN programmer put the "Nazi" in "Banazîr". Go ahead, sue me, Microsoft, I daaaaaaaaare yew.
Meanwhile, MSN was offering me lalsorta alternative handles:
- Redundant: SmallishJediHobbit
- Oxymoronic: HumongousJediHobbit
- Inaccurate: ChunkyJediHobbit
- Unfortunate: CappedJediHobbit
- Embarrassing: DishierJediHobbit
- Oddly apropos: ChocolateJediHobbit
- Just plain weird: QuiltedJediHobbit
I have decided to go with JediHobbitTEUNC, but...
If I ever discover who's responsible fro MSN's family filter, I am fedinately banning him or her from nonstewpit. :-)
(so should I switch to an "Adult Profile"?)