14:58 CDT 2004-10-23, Geneva Drive, Manhattan, KS
Well, I'm clearly no Larry Kanfer, but there's something about the turning of the seasons that makes me eager to go running with a digicam.
Meet Telperion, my Autumn Glory maple. I got this tree as a sapling in 1999, when its trunk was less than 2cm in diameter. The trunk is easily 8cm in diameter now.
Wibble on "Home", last night's (S4x04) episode of Enterprise, to appear shortly in a cut.
Edit, 19:05 CDT: Here's one from lilithharp17.
You Are a Pundit Blogger!
Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read.
Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few.
Edit, 19:35 CDT: Here's a meme from tv_elf:
The TMI Meme
1. Tell me something obvious about yourself.
I am a first-generation American-born Asian.
2. Tell me something about yourself that I don't know.
Have to think about this one.
ETA: As you can tell from what I wear and carry around, I spend money liberally on technology and frugally on my own wardrobe. My notebook computers run from $800 to $4500 each, while I don't own a pair of jeans. I am, however, pretty much a middle-of-the-road guy when it comes to my car, house, furniture, and travel.
3. What is your biggest fear?
Rejection and being left out.
4. Do you normally take the safe route or the shortcut?
Either-or. Safe route on highways, shortcuts in the abstract sense.
5. What is the one thing you want the most that you can't buy with money?
Love. I know, I'm a walking, teunceing cliche. :-D
6. What is your most treasured possession?
Hard to say. I guess that besides my house, it would be my ThinkPad A31p (Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz), Numerramar.
7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do the most often?
This would be a toss-up between putting my foot in my mouth or annoying people (especially online) with out-of-place remarks, and procrastinating on critical tasks until they are very late.
8. Tell me something about you sexually that I don't know.
I have written erotic stories before.
9. Tell me something about you sexually that everybody knows.
On the Kinsey scale, I am a 0 (exclusively heterosexual).
10. What is your favorite lie to tell?
I don't lie intentionally.
But the promise I break most frequently is:
"I'll finish it today."
11. Name something you have done once that you can't wait to do again.
Attended an SF convention.
12. Are you the jealous type?
13. What is the one person, place or thing that you can never say no to?
Person: lots of people in teunc and CRG
#teunc(virtual), home (local), Canada (abroad)
Thing: ice cream
14. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
Told me they loved me. Told me they didn't.
15. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be?
I'd go to Shanxi, China. (thanatos_kalos and Fedora know what I'm talking about.)
16. When was the last time you cried?
Honestly, I can't remember.
ETA: Late last year.
17. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered?
Probably last month after the Statewide EPSCoR Conference, when I learned we had gotten the NSF ITR grant.
18. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on?
It depends. At the beach or at the pool, yes. Most other public places, I'd feel out of place.
19. Name something embarrassing you did while drunk.
I've never been drunk enough to do anything embarrassing.
20. If you post this in your journal, do you want me to answer it?