Feel free to post discussions and book recommendations in these threads, and I will follow up in compscibooks, algorithms, tessier_ashpool, and techgirls.
- Restructuring the CS curriculum - thoughts from Dave Schmidt - 09 Oct 2004
- Questions and advice for CS mentors
- Virtuosity - showing off, encouragement - 12 Feb 2004
- Wake up and smell the Matrix - mentoring CS students, the straight dope - 11 Dec 2003
- Outreach and interdisciplinary studies
- Dictionopolis vs. Digitopolis - CS and the arts and humanities - 17 Sep 2004
- Bioinformatics for quixotics - CS and the life sciences in the large - 18 Sep 2004
- Women in computing
- Attrition of women in computing fields - taking stock and formulating proactive retention plans
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs for young women
Edit, 23:05 CDT Sat 30 Oct 2004: An interesting day - I met istari_ala's parents for lunch, and had some fun conversation about their home town. They actually made the Dylan concert last night. Anyone else in Manhattan catch it?