If you happen to be working on some creative writing project, fanfiction or NaNoWriMo or what have you, post exactly one sentence from each of your current work(s) in progress in your journal. It should probably be your favorite or most intriguing sentence so far, but what you choose is entirely your discretion.
OK. Here goes:
"Yes... so, how did you really break him? I should think that poisoning him would only increase his determination."
"Oh, that is the easy part. A man such as you should know that contrast - between merciful and cruel captors, between loyal friend and betrayer - is the source of greatest confusion. Fire and sharpened steel cannot break all men quickly; much better to cut at the bonds of the heart."
No, it's got nothing to do with Lionel and Lex from Smallville, nor Jack and his dad from Lost. You'll see.
Last seen with megruder:
01. I miss somebody right now.
02. I watch more tv than I used to.
03. I love olives.
04. I love sleeping. surprised, eh?
05. I own lots of books.
06. I wear glasses or contact lenses.
07. I love to play video games. but I have nearly no time to do so since 1995
08. I've tried marijuana.
09. I've watched porn movies.
10. I have been in a threesome.
11. I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship.
12. I believe honesty is usually the best policy. but I don't necessarily ALWAYS live by it. It depends. I lie about how much I've slept, planning to go to sleep, and how busy I am (sometimes I overestimate, sometimes I underestimate). That's about it.
13. I have acne free skin.
14. I like and respect Al Sharpton.
15. I curse frequently. Actually, yes, I do. I've learned a lot of euphemisms from miajesbar and yodge, though.
16. I have changed a lot mentally over the last year.
17. I have a hobby. Writing (grantwriting and reviews for compscibooks especially).
18. I've been told I have a nice butt. As a joke, mind you
19. I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me.
20. I'm really, really smart. Well, kindasorta
21. I've never broken someone else's bones.
22. I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal.
23. I love rain.
24. I'm paranoid at times.
25. I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar free.
26. I need money right now. Few people really don't. I have enough for myself.
27. I love sushi.
28. I talk really, really fast. I've been told I lecture quickly. Again I ask: have you people ever heard David Heckerman? Or Lenny Pitt? Or Rao Kosaraju?
29. I have fresh breath in the morning.
30. I have semi-long hair.
31. I have lost money in Las Vegas. (I've only been there once, for a conference, and I came away with a little more than I went there with. Relatives that make you demonstrate random walk, I tells ya!)
32. I have at least one brother and/or one sister.
33. I was born in a country outside of the U.S.
34. I shave my legs.
35. I have a twin. (My virtual twin, gondhir, and my clone, miajesbar, don't count.)
37. I couldn't survive without Caller I.D. (I love it and I always use it, but eh, I could survive without it.)
38. I like the way that I look. (It's the way I look; I'm complacent, if not indifferent.)
39. I have lied to a good friend in the past 6 months.
40. I know how to do cornrows.
41. I am usually pessimistic.
42. I have mood swings.
43. I think prostitution should be legalized. (and safely regulated, as megruder wrote)
44. I think Britney Spears is pretty. She looks all right sometimes. It's highly variable.
45. I have cheated on a significant other.
46. I have a hidden talent.
47. I'm always hyper no matter how much sugar I have. Yes! And how!!! W00t!
48. I think that I'm popular. (Some folks think I am. Not really.)
49. I am currently single.
50. I have kissed someone of the same sex. (Not romantically.)
51. I enjoy talking on the phone. (To friends such as miajesbar, masteralida, darana, and sui_degeneris: yes. To colleagues and students: sometimes yes, sometimes, no. To telemarketers: get real.)
52. I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants. At home, yes.
53. I love to shop. I get this from my father's late father, who was an infamous bibliophile and book-browser.
54. I would rather shop than eat. Now you're surprised, right?
55. I would classify myself as ghetto.
56. I'm bourgie and have worn a sweater tied around my shoulders.
57. I'm obsessed with my LJ!!!!
58. I don't hate anyone.
59. I'm a pretty good dancer.
60. I don't think Mike Tyson raped Desiree Washington.
61. I'm completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother.
62. I have a cell phone.
63. I watch MTV on a daily basis (Maybe once per month or two.)
65. I have passed out drunk in the past 6 months.
67. I have never been in a real relationship before.
68. I've rejected someone before.
69. I currently have a crush on someone.
70. I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
71. I want to have children in the future.
72. I have changed a diaper before. (Well, assisted.)
73. I've had the cops called on me before.
74. I bite my nails.
75. I am a member of the Tom Green fan club.
76. I'm not allergic to anything deadly.
77. I have a lot to learn. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know crap.
78. I have dated someone at least 10 years older or younger....
79. I plan on seeing Ice Cube's newest "Friday" movie.
80. I am very shy around the opposite sex esp. when they are really good looking.
81. I'm online 24/7, even as an away message.
82. I have at least 5 away messages saved.
83. I have tried alcohol before
84. I have made a move on a friend's significant other in the past.
85. I own the "South Park" movie.
86. I have avoided assignments at work to be on Xanga or Livejournal.
87. When I was a kid I played "the birds and the bees" with a neighbor or chum.
88. I enjoy country music.
89. I love my best friends.
90. I think that Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
91. I watch soap operas whenever I can.
92. I'm obsessive, anal retentive, and often a perfectionist.
93. I have used my sexuality to advance my career. (Kidding! I'm KIDDING!)
94. I love Michael Jackson, scandals and all.
95. I know all the words to Slick Rick's "Children's Story".
96. Halloween is awesome because you get free candy. (and get to dress up and not get looked at like a freak!) (Well, not free, but cheap.)
97. I watch Spongebob Squarepants and I like it (I watch it occasionally with my friends' sproglet, Rachel, and her little friends.)
98. I have dated a close friend's ex.
99. I'm happy as of this moment. (Ask me next month. I'm behind on too many tasks right now.)
100. I have gone scuba diving
101. Had a crush on somebody you've never met.
102. kissed someone you knew you shouldn't.
103. I play a musical instrument.
104. I strongly dislike math (I love it, and I hate it, but "dislike" is almost surely too weak.)
105. Im procrastinating something right now. Procrastination is my middle name! And my first name, and my last name...
106. I own and use a library card.
107. I fall in 'lust' more than in 'love.'
108. Cheese enchiladas rock my socks. No really.
109. I think The Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest things ever.
110. I'm obsessed with the tv show "Lost"
111. I am resentful that I have to grow up
112. I like popcorn and would eat it often if I could.