My gift to you is this mad stylin' hat with a built-in beer-cooler that also serves as a CPU cooling system for when your Halo 2 games get too intense.
Computer troubles and wibbles: I have 6, count 'em, six CD-RW drives and two additional DVD-ROM drives in my house.
- 52x Samsung, just taken out of Laurelin, COMPAQ Presario SR1010NX (Intel Celeron 2.8GHz, 768Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD - running WinXP Home)
- 52x Samsung, in Telperion, COMPAQ Presario SR1010NX (Intel Celeron 2.8GHz, 784Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD - being upgraded from WinXP Home to Debian or Gentoo Linux)
- An 8x CenDyne DVD-R/RW & CD-R/RW combo drive in Telperion, COMPAQ Presario SR1010NX (Intel Celeron 2.8GHz, 784Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD - being upgraded from WinXP Home to Debian or Gentoo Linux)
- A 52x CenDyne drive in Tulkas, my Dell Dimension XPS D300 (Intel Pentium II-300, 512Mb RAM, 40 Gb HDD - running Windows XP Pro)
- A 52x generic and a 32x Acer, in Vaire, a home-built Pentium (Intel P5-120, 256Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD - running Red Hat Linux 9)
- A 6x CenDyne DVD & CD-R/RW combo drive in Numerramar, my ThinkPad A31p (Intel Pentium IV 1.7GHz, 512Mb RAM, 60 Gb HDD - running WinXP Pro)
- A 6x DVD-ROM drive in Earrame, my ThinkPad T21 (Intel Pentium III-800, 384Mb RAM, 20 Gb HDD - running Windows 2000)
Which of these actually worked for burning CD-Rs and reading DVD-Rs? Until 13:45 CST today, only the second for burning CD-Rs and the next-to-last for reading DVD-Rs. I swapped the first one out of Laurelin and rejumpered the third. I now have two working CD burners and one working DVD reader.
Tonight's DVD: Chocolat
Film at eleven.