You scored 93% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 100% Advanced, and 72% Expert!
You have an extremely good understanding of beginner, intermediate, and advanced level commonly confused English words, getting at least 75% of each of these three levels' questions correct. This is an exceptional score. Remember, these are commonly confused English words, which means most people don't use them properly. You got an extremely respectable score.
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
For answers to the Beginner section only (the first ten questions), visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/. I will post the answers to the other questions as soon as possible.
The Commonly Confused Words Test
- Compared to users who took the test and are and in your age group:
- 100% had lower Beginner scores.
- 100% had lower Intermediate scores.
- 100% had lower Advanced scores.
- 100% had lower Expert scores.
- With respect to Beginner, users aged 45 to 49 scored highest.
- With respect to Intermediate, users aged 45 to 49 scored highest.
- With respect to Advanced, users aged 45 to 49 scored highest.
- With respect to Expert, users aged 45 to 49 scored highest.
... huh? This seems to indicate an error. I'll update when they fix it.
What's wrong with "She hardly reached her sales goal.."? One can certainly say "we hardly escaped" to mean "we escaped with great effort".
You could definitely get away with using the word hardly in this sentence; however, the meaning would be unclear.
Is it because the accurate use of "hardly" is now archaic due to the ironic slang interjection "hardly"?
Apropos de rien: Here's a meme courtesy of miajesbar.
If you could rescue one of the Lost castaways from the island right now, leaving all the rest there, who would it be, and why?
I'd rescue Claire, because unless the rescue is carried out by Project Quantum Leap, her baby would most likely come with her. Two for one! W00t!