I have to set up about 4-7 content management systems (CMSes):
- 1. Public portal and intranet CMS for our NSF Information Technology Reearch (ITR) project on Learning-Enhanced Adaptive Parallel Kinetic Monte Carlo (LEAP-KMC) - on
anaire, a 1.8GHz Pentium IV running Red Hat Linux 8 (Psyche)
- 2. Public portal and CMS for KSU Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (SUROP) and NSF Research Experience for Undergrads (REU) - on
- 3. Intranet portal and CMS for our NSF Frontiers in Integrative Biological Research, aka FIBR, project on Ecological Genomics of Arabidopsis Development (EGAD) - on the EcoGen server, a quad Opteron running Red Hat Linux Enterprise / Advanced Server 3,
- 4. CMS for massforge - on
telperion, a 2.8GHz Celeron-based COMPAQ Presario SR1010NX running Debian Linux 3.0r4, or
orome, a 400MHz Pentium II-based Gateway GW400 running Gentoo 2004.3
- 5. Alternative NSF ITR KMC CMS - duplicate on
- 6. Alternative KSU SUROP and NSF REU CMS - duplicate on
- 7. Alternative NSF FIBR CMS - duplicate on
I'll put the requirements in an edit, but is anyone familiar with TikiWiki and other Wikis, or things such as PHPNuke, who can recommend platforms?
I have been advised that custom development is the way to got for #3.
BTW, I didn't forget about last week's "computer issues" update - I'm just a little behind. (Laugh it up, fuzzballs!)
In other news: yodge is the Oma Desala of big flying goa'uld cockroaches! (It could happen, I tell ya!)