The redoubtable Dwarf gondhir presents us with this chilling creation from Klaus Enzikat, the artist of the German edition of LOTR. This is worse than the kiwis on the cover!
- I see that hobbit architecture is of the 11th century pre-perspective school. And what is that arch for, exactly? A gate? A gazebo? A testament to the raving idiocy of hobbits? Hate crime!
- Interesting that Dwarves are taller than Dunedain.
- In place of the Dark Lord you would set up a queen.
- Bilbo has perfected his "Walk Like A Numenorean" pose, I see. Nice top hat.
- Apparently Gandalf wasn't being facetious when he said "if Elves could fly, they could fetch the sun to save us".
- Apparently Elves not only have vestigial feet and dress like Renaissance fops; they are also mentally challenged. Sharp eyes, eh? Right. Sharp eyes and IQs of 50.
- And why is Smaug the Blue Butterfly Dragon trying to swallow a boulder?
- Home, sweet, home. Apparently the quest of Erebor conferred to Bilbo the ability to blow smoke rings without a pipe. Either that or second supper isn't agreeing with him.
In other news:
- I am swamped, and that's a fact. Today, I spent the morning catching up on CIS 490/730 (Intro AI) and CIS 732 work, then dashed to six afternoon meetings: three with students, then a Graduate Council meeting, then the Ecological Genomics one, then a make-up meeting of the Decision Making Agents meeting. EcoGen posters are due in nine days. Whew!
- Speaking of Decision Making Agents, massforge is off to a good start, but we really need to get coordinated on the GUI development and the web site.
- The Google-KFL-Microsoft hearing is done. Now we wait; Judge González is due to rule on Tuesday 13 Sep 2005.