Ground Rules: The first player of this "game" starts with the topic "5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write an LJ entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
Five weird habits... hrm, well, I actually started a similar meme titled "Infinite Tsunami of Idiosyncrasy" in 2003, but it never caught on.
So, I'm a bag reader, a sampler, and an induced germophobe. What else?
1) I was fairly masochistic as a child. I would stand in place through three hours of Saturday morning cartoons - long enough to tenderize my bare feet. I could feel the loss of circulation by the end. I did this just to test and stretch my limits. Those of you who know me well know that for me to stand in one place for three hours, especially as a 7-year old, is about like asking Edmund Pevensie to give up Turkish delight for three years.
2) Like barahirion, I crack knuckles. I used to crack my wrists and ankles, and went through a neck-snapping phase as a teenager, but nowadays I can only crack the second joint of each finger and the last (knuckle) joint of my middle and ring fingers. To crack my knee, I have to kneel and walk on my knees for a few steps.
3) The extreme ramification of my "sampling" is that I like to save the last few of everything: jelly beans, Doritos, chocolates, Macademia nuts, etc. I have been known to save the last kernels from a bag of popcorn for half a day to "finish later". When I have evenly divisible sets I will keep "one of each" and iterate over the sets, reducing each by one with machine precision: caramel, cheese, buttered popcorn; caramel, cheese, butter... It drives my folks absolutely nuts, as does my inevitable "didn't I have three squares of dried tofu left?" when the box is inexplicably empty two hours later!
4) Bad habits, hrm... well, I've been working on improving my personal grooming, and that's a work in progress, as is hygiene, so let's move to bad sleep habits. It's a common misconception that I don't sleep at all, or that I sleep only 1.5 or 3 hours a night. I usually get 4.5 hours of sleep a night now, and drop to 3 or below only in the direst of emergencies. What's odd about me is that I would prefer to go to bed at 04:30 and rise at 09:30 than go to sleep at 01:00 and rise at 06:00. This is a common CS trait, but much more common among men than women and among unmarried people than married ones. C'est la vie!
5) I could think of a few more, but barahirion had the right idea: I'll like to poll the audience. Go ahead, tell me what my weird habits are! Comment now and earn your place in history!
I'm not tagging anyone (psaaaaag!). You heard me! This is a day for the annals of history! da3 luo2 (beat the gong)!