Context is everything, and getting there is half the fun.
- J. M. Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5
Whence the title of this entry? Oh, take a wild guess.
It's a meme, of course! This one is from jereeza, and it's simple: post the first line of each month from among your LJ entries. I don't know if this means public ones only, and I went with complete sentences, but anyway, here they are.
- January: "To the nice person who just gave me a couple of months of paid LiveJournal time: Thank you, thank you!"
- February: "Somebody shoot me!" [In reference to the fact that I turned down a morsel of Lily O'Brien's white chocolate so I could drink more coffee.]
- March: "Hrm, I wonder which ones I got wrong."
- April: "My favorite Google practical joke is still the PigeonRank algorithm from 01 April 2002."
- May: "Here's what passes for a protest in Singapore."
- June: "The bioinformatics course is off to a good start. Five students registered, two SUROP students, and one or two auditing."
- July: "At 09:30, I was there in Rathbone again for Praveen's postponed defense."
- August: "We took a day tour on the Timberbush line to Stirling, Falkirk, Bannockburn, the Highlands, Loch Ness, Inverness and Northeast Scotland."
- September: "`It is no longer the purpose of programs to instruct our machines; these days, it is the purpose of machines to execute our programs.' -Edsger W. Dijkstra"
- October: "I am 25 years old today! One more year, and I'm of legal hobbit age."
- November: "Here goes! Whee!" [Nanowrimo, of course.]
- December: "Thanks to gondhir, miyeko, sui_degeneris and Tripitaka for discussions and to all (especially miyeko and figgylicious) for moral support."
Conclusion: Bana is weird. W00t!
In other news: I can't get into Orkut (it won't let me in with my old password or send me a new one at the e-mail address I supplied), and my iPAQ battery is dead (it won't hold a standby charge for more than 3 days).