It's been four and a half years, for crying out loud! It will have been five and a half when Vista's finally out. The Cyber-Luddites who just installed WinXP last year are laughing at us! Slay all the
So, now we have to wait as long as a year before Microsoft, authorized vendors (such as IBM and Dell), and even our own campus and department systems staff will support an OS we've been using for 2 months? What did I tell you about "late early adoption"? BTW, Manhattan, KS is like Hobbiton when it comes to technology sometimes. Take a shot of courage, people!
Edit, 10:35 Sat 25 Mar 2006 - A couple of follow-ups, one funny, one not so funny:
- I posted reviews of the films Crash and Failure to Launch earlier in the week and kaladhwen, jereeza, yahvah, and mrs_dragon (among others) thought I was posting about Windows Vista again!
- Pride and Prejudice - "Bana, you are so un-1337! Just use Linux; it's so much better!"
- The Constant Gardener - "ach, another copy of Windows for the manure heap!"
- A History of Violence - after installing Vista 4 times, you'd feel like Crazy!Aragorn too...
- Good Night, and Good Luck - self-explanatory
- Meanwhile: I am still having that 2Gb RAM limit problem. I called Dell, and they don't even know when they are going to start supporting Windows Vista. The phone tech swears up and down that they have many corporate customers of their Inspiron 6000s who use WinXP Pro (or WinXP Home) with 2Gb RAM, though. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.