The important thing is to keep the White Tree burning.
What have I been doing, you ask? Teaching! Writing proposals! Working on papers!
IOW, everything I should be doing.
But what has that done for my systems? Ah, the ruins of Osgiliath.
Thanks to all who have helped with previous ones, which I posted on:
- March, 2005: Sat 05 Mar 2005, Sun 27 Mar 2005
- April, 2005: Sat 16 Apr 2005, Sat 29 Apr 2005
- May, 2005: Sun 15 May 2005, Sat 28 May 2005
- June, 2005: Sat 11 Jun 2005, Sat 25 Jun 2005
- July, 2005: Sat 09 Jul 2005
- August, 2005: Sat 13 Aug 2005, Sat 20 Aug 2005
- September, 2005: Sat 03 Sep 2005, Sat 17 Sep 2005
- October, 2005: Mon 03 Oct 2005, Sat 15 Oct 2005, Sat 29 Oct 2005
- November, 2005: Sat 12 Nov 2005, Sat 26 Nov 2005
- December, 2005: Sat 10 Dec 2005, Sat 24 Dec 2005
- January, 2006: Sat 07 Jan 2006, Sat 21 Jan 2006
- February, 2006: Sat 04 Feb 2006, Sat 18 Feb 2006
- March, 2006: Sat 04 Mar 2006, Sat 18 Mar 2006
- April, 2006: Sat 01 Apr 2006, Sat 15 Apr 2006, Sat 29 Apr 2006
- May, 2006: Sat 13 May 2006, Sat 27 May 2006
- June, 2006: Sat 10 Jun 2006, Sat 24 Jun 2006
- July, 2006: Sat 08 Jul 2006, Sat 22 Jul 2006
- August, 2006: Sat 05 Aug 2006, Sat 19 Aug 2006
Thanks to k00m for replying last week.
Here's my fortnightly update:
- 1. Motherboard identification: I haven't had time to try k00m's suggestion out yet, but I will do so later - this week, I hope.
- 2. Hibernation woes: Still no luck as of 02 Sep 2006.
Edit, 19:15 CDT Sat 09 Sep 2006: Travis Bradshaw pointed me to this recent fix, and it worked! Thanks very much, Travis.
- 3. Exporting GMail to mail folders: This is not such an immediate priority any more, since Project Angainor was deployed. As mansu notes, though, I will eventually need one large repository (of monthly folders) that I can view from several systems over IMAP.
Now for the new questions. This week is an all-Thunderbird week!
Safe list and block list editing
Does anyone know of plug-ins for Mozilla Thunderbird that would let me set up and build a safe list (whitelist) and block list (blacklist) on one computer, then export it to others?
Junk mail filters: training and rule export
In the same vein: my junk mail filters are learning too slowly on all systems, but especially on my "non-primary" systems (everything besides Hirilonde: Laurelin, Numerramar, Osse, Telperion, and Tulkas). Is there any way to export my spam filter rules from Hirilonde, or better yet, coalesce rules through a centralized service? (Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on the latter.)
Free POP utilities for Hotmail
I'm trying to set Hotmail/Live Mail up for export to GMail, but it doesn't have forwarding. Last year, I tried some of the commercial utilities such as Hotmail Popper, but not only are the free versions time-limited (or bandwidth-limited) trials, they seem to be very brittle.
I'd need to grab some 20000 messages (13% of a 2Gb inbox) right off the bat, if it is possible to do so without deleting them from my Live Mail account. If not, I'd like to only grab new messages, but I'd like to do so automatically and transparently (e.g., with a utility that runs every 15 minutes or on-demand and "puts" the messages up on GMail).
Want to see something funny?
I changed LJ styles to Expressive, which shows tags in a font scaled according to salience. This says it all:
Left: Viewed in Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3.
Right: Viewed in Mozilla Firefox 22.214.171.124.