When it comes to cooling, air is definitely better than wood.
Well, I've got to admit it's getting better... it's getting better all the time.
Thanks to all who have helped with previous ones, which I posted on:
- March, 2005: Sat 05 Mar 2005, Sun 27 Mar 2005
- April, 2005: Sat 16 Apr 2005, Sat 29 Apr 2005
- May, 2005: Sun 15 May 2005, Sat 28 May 2005
- June, 2005: Sat 11 Jun 2005, Sat 25 Jun 2005
- July, 2005: Sat 09 Jul 2005
- August, 2005: Sat 13 Aug 2005, Sat 20 Aug 2005
- September, 2005: Sat 03 Sep 2005, Sat 17 Sep 2005
- October, 2005: Mon 03 Oct 2005, Sat 15 Oct 2005, Sat 29 Oct 2005
- November, 2005: Sat 12 Nov 2005, Sat 26 Nov 2005
- December, 2005: Sat 10 Dec 2005, Sat 24 Dec 2005
- January, 2006: Sat 07 Jan 2006, Sat 21 Jan 2006
- February, 2006: Sat 04 Feb 2006, Sat 18 Feb 2006
- March, 2006: Sat 04 Mar 2006, Sat 18 Mar 2006
- April, 2006: Sat 01 Apr 2006, Sat 15 Apr 2006, Sat 29 Apr 2006
- May, 2006: Sat 13 May 2006, Sat 27 May 2006
- June, 2006: Sat 10 Jun 2006, Sat 24 Jun 2006
- July, 2006: Sat 08 Jul 2006, Sat 22 Jul 2006
- August, 2006: Sat 05 Aug 2006, Sat 19 Aug 2006
- September, 2006: Sat 02 Sep 2006
Here's my fortnightly update:
- 1. Safe list and block list editing: I searched for add-ons and saw a couple of potentially relevant ones, but I haven't had time to try any yet.
- 2. Junk mail filters: training and rule export: Same as above.
- 3. Free POP utilities for Hotmail: Ditto.
GMail Forward Filtering
Certain e-mail messages are getting filtered out of GMail forwarding: mailing lists confirmations, carbon copied messages from other GMail addresses, etc. They appear in the first account in my forwarding chain, but at some point in the chain, they stop being forwarded. They don't appear in any spam folders, and I can't find any white list feature to let them through.
Has anyone else experienced something this? Are the messages really not being forwarded, or are they being blocked?
Oddly enough, when I don't copy myself on the first message in a thread, it comes through in the POP folder, but doesn't appear in the GMail folder as the start of a "conversation" (thread) until and unless someone replies to it.
Instability on Hirilonde: ATI drivers?
I'm still having a lot of bluescreens on Hirilonde - about once a day on average, sometimes more often. Firefox crashes 3-6 times a day and takes Hirilonde with it about one in 4-5 crashes.
zengeneral recommended that I get newer drivers for my integrated ATI Mobility Radeon X300 card, but I haven't found anything that works and is definitely more recent than the drivers available from Dell.
Since Hirilonde is crashing so often, I'd at least like to be able to restore its running state quickly and automatically. Specifically, I'd like to:
- Boot quickly
- Lock window positions and sizes so that they are restored precisely (e.g., I size Firefox and IE so they take up the left half of Hirilonde's screen and Mozilla, Penguinet, and Thunderbird so that they take up the right half)
- Restore tabs without Tab Mix Plus or Tabbrowser Extensions (Tabbrowser Extensions seems to increase the frequency of crashing and Tab Mix Plus was killing tabs altogether on Hirilonde at least in Firefox 184.108.40.206)