Instead, we got just 5 pounds of whole turkey breast to roast. I think we'll add stuffing and gravy to that, but the rest is all Chinese fare:
- thick green vegetable stir fried with garlic
- dried tofu stir fried with hot chili and pork
- garlic shrimp with green peppers and hot red chilies
- orange roughy in sweet tomato sauce with water chestnuts
- turnip soup with quail eggs, tofu, ham, and bamboo shoots
Edit, 05:30 CST Wed 29 Nov 2006: Add a dry Napa valley red from 2002 that a thoughtful guest brought, and it all turned out quite nicely. After dinner we sat down to a dessert of honey crisp apples, jumbo red grapes, and both pumpkin and pecan pie (the former brought by another guest), with a special Gevalia Kenyan coffee blend.