- 1. Linguistics - Arts & Sciences
- 2. Biomedical Engineering - Engineering
- 3. Library Science - Library and/or Arts & Sciences
- 4. Genomics & Proteomics - Agriculture, Veterinary Medicine, or Arts & Sciences
- 5. Planning & Design Informatics - Architecture, Planning and Design
I notice that a few of you have replied to express concurrence because I've named your field. I'm curious: if you have one of the above departments at your university:
- 1. How long have you had it?
- 2. Was it hard to get formed, if you know its history?
- 3. What department, if any, did it spin off from?
- 4. Does it bring in significant resources (especially research funding) for your university?
- 5. If you are a student, do you expect to find a similar department to work in for grad school or your faculty career? (Please name the department you're referring to.)